In the Armenian Quarter of Jerusalem stands a big building which host now the Armenian museum.
These rooms was build originally in the 1850’s as a pilgrim guesthouse, became later a monastery, a seminary and also an orphanage of survivors of the genocide from 1915.
After a five year renovation it just reopened recently as a museum and memorial of the Armenian Genocide in 1915.
Beside many handicrafts and artifacts of the Armenian culture, especially also the famous ceramics and ornaments, it tells the story of the tragic incidents and deaths from the 24. April 1915, which is still denied by the Turkish government.